Register bY December 11, 2017
About the Program
- The Mining Mill Operations program prepares you for a career operating mill equipment and systems used in the large-scale mining industry. Mill Operators work where the mined ore is crushed, milled and sent through the various systems to extract the minerals and metals.
- Earn a mining mill operations occupational endorsement in 16 weeks and be prepared to work as a mill operator.
- Earn the MSHA Part 48 Surface New Miner safety certification
- Job interviews will be arranged at the end of the program for students who successfully complete the program.
- The program is offered as an online program (14 weeks), with a (2 week) hands-on session (in person) also required following the end of the online instruction.
- Program runs December 11, 2017 through March 30, 2018
ONLINE TECHNICAL INSTRUCTION
December 11, 2017 – March 18, 2018
- 5 technical courses ranging from safety to mine mill equipment and circuits
- Courses are online with Instructor availability
- Mine mill simulator utilized during technical instruction
March 19, 2017 – March 30, 2018
- Training session performed as industry work experience (12 hour days)
- Skill and Operations exercises performed for all courses during the session
- Site visits to local large-scale mines – mill operations
- MSHA safety certificate course
- Graduation followed immediately with employer interviews
Mining Mill Operations Courses
PRT 110 Intro to Occupational Safety
AMIT F130 Surface Mining Operations
PRT F140 Industrial Process Instrumentation
AMIT F129 Surface Mine Safety
AMIT F135 Intro to Mining Systems & Equip
AMIT F145 Intro to Mineral/Beneficiation
For more information or registration contact:
Brian Ellingson, Program Coordinator