About the Program
- The Mining Mill Operations program prepares you for a career operating mill equipment and systems used in the large-scale mining industry. Mill Operators work where the mined ore is crushed, milled and sent through the various systems to extract the minerals and metals.
- Earn a mining mill operations occupational endorsement in 12 weeks and be prepared to work as a mill operator.
- Earn the MSHA Part 48 Surface New Miner safety certification
- Job interviews will be arranged at the end of the program for students who successfully complete the program.
- The program is offered as a hybrid online program: Eleven weeks of online work and a one-week in-person session in Fairbanks. Participation in the in-person week is required.
ONLINE TECHNICAL INSTRUCTION May 15 through August 4, 2023 (Students can start the online portion after May 16. Contact the program to inquire about late registration.)
- 6 technical courses ranging from safety to mine mill equipment and circuits
- Courses are online with instructor availability
- Mine mill simulator utilized during technical instruction
- MSHA safety certificate course is offered online (Zoom)
IN-PERSON TRAINING IN FAIRBANKS July 29 through August 4, 2023
- Training session performed as industry work experience (12 hour days)
- Skill and Operations exercises performed for all courses during the session
- Site visits to local large-scale mines – mill operations
- Graduation followed immediately with employer interviews
- Housing at the Fairbanks Pipeline Training Center Camp facility included in the student fees
Mining Mill Operations Courses
PRT 110 Intro to Occupational Safety
AMIT F130 Surface Mining Operations
PRT F140 Industrial Process Instrumentation
AMIT F129 Surface Mine Safety
AMIT F135 Intro to Mining Systems & Equip
AMIT F145 Intro to Mineral/Beneficiation
Additional Information: Costs, Financial Aid and Registration
For more information or registration contact:
Brian Ellingson, Program Coordinator