Online math and writing help appointments are now available online through the CTC Learning Center. This is a free service that allows students to get help from a qualified math or writing tutor for any assignment from any class. The appointment scheduling process for writing can be done through CTC’s website and math appointments can be made through Blackboard. See instructions for each below:
Online Writing Lab
Book and manage appointments: www.ctc.uaf.edu/
Online Math Tutoring
- Sign in to Blackboard
- Beneath your name, click on “Organizations”
- Under “Organization Catalogue,” click on “eCampus”
- Click “UAF_eCampus_CTC”
- Click “Schedule Tutoring” in the left hand column. If you are on your phone or tablet, you might need to expand this menu at the top left of the webpage.
- Pick a time that work for you and sign up. We both will receive confirmation emails. Make sure you write down your appointment time and date so you don’t forget.
- Click “Schedule Tutoring”
- Beneath the list of available times there are three links. I’ve used the first one, even on tablets. This link will not change. If you want to download the apps on another non-computer device, follow the other two links.
- Allow Collaborate to have access to your video and audio.
- If you do not have access to video, that is fine. As long as you can see the video feed from the tutor’s end.