2019-2020 application PROCESS IS now CLOSED
Admission to the Paramedic Academy is competitive. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements before applying to the Paramedic Academy:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be certified as a Nationally Registered EMT-B or State of Alaska EMT–I, II, or III.
- Earn a grade of ‘C’ or better in Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology (HLTH F114 or a combination of BIOL F213x and F214x).
Preference will be given to students who have also completed A.A.S. general education requirements, but the courses are not required before submitting an application to the program.
Application Steps-UAF CTC Paramedic Academy
- Gather all of your required documents:
- Admission Essay: 1-2 pages on why you would like to attend the Paramedic Academy.
- Current resume.
- Copy of highest EMS certification.
- Copy of AHA CPR Credential (Must be good through the end of the Paramedic Academy). Only AHA certifications are accepted.
- Copy of college transcripts (Online “Unofficial” OK).
- Copy of previous college degree (If applicable).
- Passport style digital photo (Headshot).
- Driving Record / Background check from AK State Troopers
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Documentation of all vaccinations or titers if applicable: Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) (2 shot series), Varicella (2 shot series or blood test to confirm you had the disease as a child), Hepatitis B series (show proof of Hepatitis B immunity or have started the vaccination series).
- Three (3) letters of reference
- Once you have gathered ALL documents indicated in step 1, complete the online application for the Paramedic Academy.
- Application Process is Now Closed
- Application Deadline is 7/12/2019!
- Applications will be processed and reviewed as received. It is strongly recommended that you complete the application process early!
- Application Process is Now Closed
- After you’ve completed your online application, we will contact you to schedule the FISDAP Entrance Exam and if needed, provide information about the ALEKS math placement assessment. There is a charge for the entrance exam of $25 that is paid directly to FISDAP at the time.
- Your application will be processed and reviewed after you’ve completed the online application and the FISDAP entrance exam.
- All parts of the application process MUST be completed NO LATER THAN 7/30/2019.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the program as soon as possible after the interview process.
Application Point System - UAF CTC Paramedic Academy
HIGHEST EARNED NATIONAL EMS CERTIFICATION
|Current NREMT EMT Certification:||2 Points|
|Current NREMT AEMT Certification:||4 Points|
Must be verified by a letter from the agency/agencies at which you have worked or volunteered. This MUST BE EMS experience on an ambulance.
|1 Full Year – 3 Full Years||1 Point|
|3 Full Years – 5 Full Years||2 Point|
|5 Years Plus||3 Points|
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
|Completed 1 semester college-level Anatomy and Physiology course (HLTH F114).||1 Point|
|Completed 2 semester college-level Anatomy and Physiology (BIOL F213x and F214x)||4 Points|
|ALEKS Math Placement of 60 or higher||2 Points|
|Completed (or have equivalent transfer) of DEVM 105 or higher||3 Points|
|Completed Associate’s Degree||2 Points|
|Completed Bachelor’s Degree or higher||4 Points|
|Completed ALL degree requirements for Paramedicine AAS Degree||4 Points|
FISDAP PLACEMENT EXAM
Points are awarded in each of the 4 categories – Anatomy and Physiology, Math, EMT Knowledge, and Reading Comprehension.
|80% – 85%||1 Point|
Maximum Possible points: 30 (AEMT with 5+ years, who has completed all of the requirements for the AAS in Paramedicine degree, 2 semester A&P course with labs, and scores over a 90% in all placement exam categories.)