Welcome to UAF's, Community and Technical College Summer Firefighter Academy, a six-week paramilitary style program conducted at the University Fire Department training grounds.
The Academy is a 12 credit course that prepares you for the State of Alaska, Firefighter I examination and employment with our local partner fire departments. It meets the State of Alaska/ International Fire Service Accreditation Congress/ Pro-Board standards for Firefighter I certification.
To apply to the Firefighter I Academy, you will need to:
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT by selecting the link below
- Complete our online Firefighter I Academy Application
- Submit a digital copy of your criminal history/background check
- Submit a digital copy of your driving history
- Submit a digital copy of your resume
- Submit a digital copy of two letters of reference
Applicants interested in applying for student employment at the University Fire Department and who select the fire academy option on the UFD employment application by the May 31st deadline need not also apply through this process. If you have questions about UFD, go to their website at http://www.uaf.edu/fire .
Academy applications will be accepted through May 31, 2014. Any applications submitted after this date will not be approved.
To get started select the “Create An Account” link below.