UAF Community & Technical College Tech Prep Program
The Tech Prep Program is offered in cooperation between the University of Alaska Fairbanks Community and Technical College and the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District. The program recognizes the high quality of courses that are offered in the secondary schools and provides students the opportunity to receive university credit for specific high school classes at a reduced cost.
The process is simple:
- When a student is enrolled in a high school course that qualifies as a Tech Prep course, they will receive information about the Tech Prep Program in class and directions on how to get their registration materials from the UAF CTC website.
- Grades received in the high school course will be reflected on the student’s UAF transcript.
- Students may register for a Tech Prep course during the current school year. The deadline for registration and payment will be the 2nd Monday in May.
- Completed registration forms can be returned to the UAF Community and Technical College Student Advising & Registration Center at 604 Barnette Street, Room 110 or faxed to 455-2828.
- A fee of $25 per credit can be paid by check or by credit card. Please make checks out to the University of Alaska Fairbanks or call the Student Advising & Registration Center at 455-2899 or 455-2874 to pay by credit card.
High School Class = 3 UAF credits
Architectural Drafting 1A & 1B CAD Drafting 1A & 1B Computer Applications Drafting 1A & 1B Medical Terminology 1A & 1B Video Production 1A & 1B Welding 1A & 1B High School Class = 2 UAF credits Introduction to Healthcare Occupations A High School Class = 1 UAF credit Small Engines 1A NOTE: This list will be revised as new courses are approved during the school year. Updated 9/17/13 by UAF CTC
North Pole High School Tech Prep Classes & Applicable UAF Degrees
|High School Course||UAF Credits||UAF Degree Program(s)|
|Architectural Drafting 1A & 1B||DRT F140
|A.A.S. - Drafting|
|CAD Drafting 1A & 1B||DRT F170
|A.A.S. – Drafting|
|A.A.S. – Construction Management|
|Computer Applications||CIOS F150
|Certificate: Medical/Dental Receptionist|
|Certificate: Information Technology Specialist|
|A.A.S. – Medical Assistant|
|Drafting 1A & 1B||DRT F101
|A.A.S. - Drafting|
|Intro to Health Care Occupations A||HLTH F105
|Elective credit used in various degree programs|
|Medical Terminology 1A & 1B||HLTH F100
|OE: Medical Billing; OE: Medical Coding, OE: Medical Office Reception
Certificate: Health Care Reimbursement
Certificate: Medical Assistant
Certificate: Medical/Dental Reception
A.A.S.: Medical Assistant
|Small Engines 1A||AUTO F100
|Video Production 1A & 1B||CIOS F257
|Welding 1A & 1B*||WMT F103
|Occupational Endorsement in Welding|
|* Student must pass a competency exam before registering for university credits.|
|NOTE: These courses can also be used as elective credits in other degree programs.|
Techprep Questions call 455-2800