UAF Community & Technical College Tech Prep Program
The Tech Prep Program is offered in cooperation between the UAF Community and Technical College and the Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District. The program recognizes the high quality of courses that are offered in the high school and provides students the opportunity to receive university credit for specific high school classes at a reduced cost.
The process is simple:
- When a student is enrolled in a high school course that qualifies as a Tech Prep course, he/she will receive information about Tech Prep in class and directions on how to get his/her registration materials from the UAF CTC website.
- Grades received in the high school course will be reflected on the student’s UAF transcript.
- Students may register for a Tech Prep course during the current school year. Deadline for registration and payment will be the 2nd Monday in May.
- Completed registration forms can be returned to the UAF Community and Technical College Student Advising & Registration Center at 604 Barnette Street, Room 110 or faxed to 455-2828.
- A fee of $25 per credit can be paid by check or by credit card. Please make checks out to the University of Alaska Fairbanks or call the Student Advising & Registration Center at 455-2899 or 455-2874 to pay by credit card.
High School Classes = 3 UAF Credits
Process Tech S1 16341 & Process Tech S2 16342 Intro to Occupational Safety 1 16351 & Intro to Occupational Safety 2 16352
Note: This list will change as new courses are approved during the school year. year. Updated 9-17-13 by UAF CTC
Matanuska-Susitna Career and Technical High School
Tech Prep Classes & Applicable UAF Degrees
|High School Course||UAF Course/ Credits||UAF Degree Program(s)|
|Tech Prep S1 (16341) &
Tech Prep S2 (16342)
|PRT F101 3 credits||A.A.S. – Process Technology|
|Intro to Occupational Safety 1 (16341) &
Intro to Occupational Safety 2 (16342)
|PRT F110 3 credits||A.A.S. – Process Technology|
NOTE: This course can also be used as “elective” credits in various other majors. Updated 11/1/12
Techprep Questions call 455-2800