UAF Community and Technical College Tech Prep Program
The Tech Prep Program is offered in cooperation between the UAF Community and Technical College and the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District. The program recognizes the high quality of courses that are offered in the high school and provides students the opportunity to receive university credit for specific high school classes at a reduced cost.
The process is simple:
- When a student is enrolled in a high school course that qualifies as a Tech Prep course, he/she will receive information about Tech Prep in class and directions on how to get his/her registration materials from the UAF CTC website.
- Grades received in the high school course will be reflected on the student’s UAF transcript.
- Students may register for a Tech Prep course during the current school year. Deadline for registration and payment will be the 2nd Monday in May.
- Completed registration forms can be returned to the UAF Community and Technical College Student Advising & Registration Center at 604 Barnette Street, Room 110 or faxed to 455-2828.
- A fee of $25 per credit can be paid by check or by credit card. Please make checks out to the University of Alaska Fairbanks or call the Student Advising & Registration Center at 455‑2899 or 455-2874 to pay by credit card.
High School Class = 3 UAF Credits
Accounting 1A & 1B Algebra for Finance Computer Applications Desktop Publishing Digital Photography 1A & 1B Medical Terminology 1A & 1B Video Production 1A & 1B Note: This list will change as new courses are approved during the school year. Updated 2-26-14 by UAF CTC
Note: This list will change as new courses are approved during the school year. year. Updated 9-17-13 by UAF CTC
Lathrop High School Tech Prep Classes & Applicable UAF Degrees
|High School Course||UAF Course/ Credits||UAF Degree Program(s)|
|Accounting 1A & 1B||ABUS F101
Applied Business Management
A.A.S. – Applied Business
|Algebra for Finance||ABUS F155
|Fulfills university computation requirement in various Certificate programs and A.A.S. degrees|
|Computer Applications||CIOS F150
|Certificate: Medical/Dental ReceptionistCertificate: Information Technology Specialist
A.A.S. – Medical Assistant
|Digital Photography 1A & 1B||CIOS F258
|Certificate: Information Technology Specialist|
|Graphic Design & Publishing||CIOS F233
|Certificate: IT Specialist A.A.S.: IT Specialist - Computer Technology Support|
|Medical Terminology 1A & 1B||HLTH F100
|OE: Medical Billing; OE: Medical Coding, OE: Medical Office Reception
Health Care Reimbursement
Certificate: Medical Assistant
Certificate: Medical/Dental Reception
A.A.S.: Medical Assistant
|Video Production 1A & 1B||CIOS F257
|NOTE: These courses can also be used as elective credits in various other majors.Updated 2/26/14|
COURSE REGISTRATION FORMS
- Period 1 Computer Applications – Ms. Kingdon (CRN 81940 CIOS F150 TT1)
- Period 6 Algebra for Finance – Ms. Kingdon (CRN 81939 ABUS F155 TT1)
- Period 6 Graphic Design & Publishing – Mr. Schneider (CRN 82437 TT2)
Spring COURSE REGISTRATION FORMS
- Period 2 Computer Applications – Ms. Kingdon (CRN 40938 CIOS F150 TT1)
- Period 2 Video Production 1B – Mr. Schneider (CRN 41159 CIOS F257 TT5)
- Period 4 Digital Photography 1B – Mr. Schneider (CRN 41160 CIOS F258 TT6)
- Period 6 Algebra for Finance – Ms. Kingdon (CRN 40937 ABUS F155 TT1)
- Medical Terminology (Video class) – Ms. Johnson (CRN 41302 HLTH F100 TT4)
Techprep Questions call 455-2800