UAF Community & Technical College Tech Prep Program
The Tech Prep Program is offered in cooperation between the University of Alaska Fairbanks Community & Technical College and AVTEC Alaska’s Institute of Technology. The program recognizes the high quality of courses that are offered and provides students the opportunity to receive university credit for specific AVTEC classes at a reduced cost.
The process is simple:
- When a student is enrolled in an AVTEC class that qualifies as a Tech Prep course, he/she will receive information about the Tech Prep Program along with directions to download a registration form.
- Grades received in the AVTEC course will be reflected on the student’s UAF transcript.
- Students may register for a Tech Prep course during the current school year. Deadline for registration and payment will be the 2nd Monday in May.
- Completed registration forms can be returned to the UAF Community and Technical College Student Advising & Registration Center at 604 Barnette Street, Room 110 or faxed to (907) 455-2828.
- A fee of $25 per credit can be paid by check or by credit card. Please make checks out to the University of Alaska Fairbanks or call the Student Advising & Registration Center at (907) 455-2899 or (907) 455-2874 to pay by credit card.
Techprep Questions call 455-2800