The Allied Health division at the UAF Community and Technical College offers a wide variety of education and training for careers in the fast-growing health care industry. Some programs can be completed in one semester, allowing students to gain employment in entry level positions. Other programs will take two or more years and will provide the student with the credentials to move into higher-paying careers in health care. All of our programs include both classroom learning and hands-on experience to ensure that students receive a well-rounded education. Many programs include a practicum experience in a medical office, dental office, laboratory or hospital. Program faculty work closely with their students to match their career goals to education pathways.
Allied Health Program Areas
Students in the Allied Health program can choose from a number of specialized program areas. Students who complete an occupational endorsement or certificate can go on to complete their A.A.S. degree, and eventually pursue a Bachelor’s degree.
- Dental Assistant (Cert, A.A.S)
- Emergency Medical Services/Paramedic Academy
- Healthcare Reimbursement (Certificate)
- Medical Assistant, (Cert, A.A.S.)
- Medical Billing, (OE)
- Medical Coding (OE)
- Medical/Dental Receptionist, (Cert)
- Medical Office Reception, (OE)
- Nurse Aide (OE)
- Nursing, Registered (A.A.S)
- Phlebotomy (Training Program)
- Radiologic Technology (A.A.S.)
Dental and Registered Nursing Programs Admin Assistant
Phone: (907) 455-2805
Room 430, 604 Barnette St.